Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
July 13, 2017
- Chicken thigh – 6, bone-in and skinless or skin-on
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Lime juice – ½ cup
- Lime zest – 1 tbsp
- Fresh cilantro – 2 cups, loosely packed
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Prepare the marinade by grinding together lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, olive oil, cumin powder and salt. Make as much smooth mixture as possible.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken thighs. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reserve ¼ of the prepared cilantro-lime marinade and pour the rest over the chicken and mix them really well making sure the marinade reaches every nook and corner of each thigh piece. Cover the chicken with a clingfilm and let it chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours to maximum 4 hours.
- Heat a grill pan and brush some oil over the grids. Place the chicken thighs on the hot grill and enjoy the sizzling sound.
- Grill the chicken thighs for 10-15 minutes each side on medium heat turning them frequently using a tong. Also brush each side of chicken with olive oil before turning.
- To check the doneness of the chicken, cut a piece from one of the thighs with the edge of a sharp knife. If there is no pink left and juices run clear, your chicken is ready to eat. Alternatively, you can also check the internal temperature of the chicken thighs using a meat thermometer and it must register at least 165 F.
- Serve the smoky cilantro lime grilled chicken with extra drizzle of reserved cilantro lime marinade and some lemon wedges. Enjoy!